Ovarian Cancer Community
Premarin use after hysterectomy
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Premarin use after hysterectomy

I had a total hysterectomy 20 years ago.  I was prescribed Premarin daily which I took for the next 15 year until the scare of it being direclty involved in the cause of some breast cancers.  I stopped immediately.   I have fought the battle of hot flashes for the past 6 years and they are starting to taper off. I am now 61 years old.  But I have have an increasing problem with hair loss.   I have been told it could be due to the anesthesia that I was given for several surgeries or the lack of Estrogen.  Could I safely resume taking Premarin in the hopes that it would create some new hair growth? Thanks so much...

This discussion is related to Premarin usage after clear cell ovarian cancer stage 1C and proper followup for the cancer..
Related Discussions
2 Comments
Blank
349465_tn?1289085364
Testosterone causes hair growth.  I wonder if you could safely take that alone for hair growth?  However, it could cause some facial hair.  That would be something you need to weigh the pros and cons.  From what I understand, hair loss is a normal part of menopause.  I guess it depends on the degree of your hair loss as to whether you want to do something about it.

This is the Ovarian Cancer forum.  You might want to find an area of MedHelp that would pertain more to your particular problem.
Teresa222
Blank
272338_tn?1252284004
I was put on premarin after my hysterectomy in 06 due to hot flashes. But as they did not stop, I went off of it and am currently taking effexor for them. It helps some but I still continue to suffer from them
  Chris
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ovarian Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...