Ovarian Cancer Expert Forum
Provera for treatment
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding ovarian cancer issues, such as: Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Genetics, Hysterectomy, Immunotherapy, Ovarian Cancer Types, Radiation Therapy, Risk Factors, Screening, Staging, Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Provera for treatment

Hello doctor - Some history from my previous message:  Missed period for 2 months, received very light 3 day period on March 17, normal period for me is heavy lasting from 6 days.  The Sonogram results were as follows:
The uterus was noted to be retroverted and retroflexed. Double width measurement of the endometrium was 11 mm, secretory. There were no definite focal fibroids.
The right ovary overall measured 3.2 x 2.5 x 1.5 cm. Within this ovary there was a complex cyst with several linear echos suggesting a hemorrhagic cyst measuring 1.7 x 1.6 x 1.4 cm. The left ovary measured 3.5 x 2.7 x 4.1 cm. There was a similar complex cyst with a few linear echos measuring 2.0 x 2.0 x 1.8 cm. A small amount of free fluid was seen, probably physiologic.

You stated that you would wonder if I had something like endometriosis.

I have found a new GYN and he decided to place me on Provera for 3 months.  He made a comment about being more concerned with the endometrium thickness but not about the cyst on the ovaries.  

Is Provera a normal treatment for endometrium thickness?  I've only been on the pills since March 31, and started spotting/bleeding on April 6 till present.  Today I am very crampy.  Is it normal to start spotting/bleeding so soon after starting the Provera pill?  He also stated that he would like to perform a Hysteroscopy and Laparoscopy together, that it would be easier to do them together since I will be out anyway.  Is that normal to do both at the same time?  

Thank you for your help.  I really appreciate this web site, it has been very helpful.
Barb38