Ovarian Cancer Community
Pulsating back pain since infusion reaction

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

I experienced an infusion reaction with Paclitaxel not long ago. They attempted a rechallenge, in which I had a second reaction. The symptoms were the same: widespread skin flushing, blood pressure changes, and severe pulsating flank pain on both sides. They changed my chemotherapy to Abraxane, since they decided that the culprit was the Cremaphore in the Paclitaxel, and I did very well after that.
The question I have now is that I continue to have the pulsating bilateral flank pain, usually it is only a slight gnawing pain, but I have noticed that if I have exerted myself to the point that my heart is racing, or if I walk across a parking lot in the cold, and then sit down in my vehicle (or vice versa: walk from the parking lot and then sit down at my desk) I will experience the sudden racing of the heart and pulsating flank pain again. It's not as severe as on the infusion reaction days, but it is definitely something that would stop me in my tracks. I have mentioned this to my doc, but he has not seemed to think it is something to worry about. I don't agree. Any suggestions as to what this might be?
1 Comment
My concern is these doctors have a tendancy not to really listen to their patients.  I would ask if he can not give you a diffinitive answer to do some diagnostic tests.  It can only help.  I also live by if it's longer than two weeks, I get it looked in to.  Be the squeeeky wheel and get some oil!!! Good Luck!