Ovarian Cancer Community
Query on ovarian cancer

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Query on ovarian cancer

Hi there, can cyberknife be used to treat ovarian cancer
I know of people that have had cyberknife for mets of ovarian cancer to the brain.  Do not believe I have heard of anyone having cyberknife as an option for ovarian cancer.
Thanks for your reply. Im trying to find non invasive methods for my mum. Any suggestions on new treatment options other than conventional CT and surgery.
I know this is scary for you and your mother.

I had stage IIIc Ovarian Cancer and was very glad they did the Optimal Debulking and Chemotherapy. I was not excited about it at the time but it saved my life. I was surprised when my Doctor told me he was cutting me down the middles, taking all my reproductive organs and the lining of my organs but I am very glad he did. As of now there really are no easier options which are as effective.

Alex

Thanks Alex.
Just curious to know how old were you when you were treated and how long ago?
Is Da vinci not a viable option for advanced disease?
They could not use the Da Vinci on me it was too advanced. I was 49 and it has been a year.
Thanks for all your replies.
CA 125 and CA 15.3 are both high in my mum's case so the doctor has asked for a biopsy from the omentum and ascitic fluid. I have read about seeding from fine needle biopsy and am overly concerned.
Any advice on whether we should go ahead with a needle biopsy or a laproscopic one.
Appreciate your replies.
What kind of Doctor is treating your mother is it GYN/Oncologist? You can always get a second opinion.

Alex