Ovarian Cancer Community
Rapidly growing ovarian cyst

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Rapidly growing ovarian cyst

Hello everyone! Im wondering if anyone can maybe give me some advice on the problems I am having. Here is a little bit of background on me, Im 36, and had a hysterectomy last December (2005) for adenmyosis. Surgery went great but afterwards I ended up with a blood clot in my right gonadal vien.As well as bactirum vaginosis that would not go away. My gyno had me on several antibiotics and lovenox (blood thinner).I am now off the antibiotics and blood thinner, but my right sided/midline pain has never gone away. In fact it has gotten worse. On march 3 2006, I had a u/s which showed a 2.0 x 1.5 x 1.8 cm cyst, on my right ovary which was 2.0 x 3.9 x 2.3 cm. My pain grew worse so my gyn ordered another u/s this past saturday (march 25).
No only 3 weeks later the cyst is 4.8 x 5.2 x 7.0 cm and my right ovary is 5.2 x 6.4 x 7.0 cm. The Radiologist has labeled the cyst as hemorrhagic, with a possiblty of it being a neoplasm.
Should I be worried about this cyst growing so much in just 3 weeks? Any suggestions on what course of action I should do now?

Any comments would be much appreciated!
Well, you know these cysts can grow very, very fast!!  Also, neoplasm is just a fancy word for new cell growth.  99% of ovarian cysts, masses, or tumors are BENIGN.  You are in my thoughts and prayers.  Godspeed
~Tascha
My dermoid cyst grew at a very fast rate, from grapefruit size to new born baby size in less than a month, weighing in at 7 pounds.  It was removed and it was benign.  Just thought you might need to hear that.
Hello and thank you all for answering me back so quick.

RavenLady..Im waiting for my gyn to return my phonecall , it seems that is all I do anymore is wait fot the phonecalls..well that and worry ....

The Radiologist also said my cyst has segements to it, and could also be a endometrioma, This sounds odd to me, isn't a endometrioma made up of endometrium tissue such as whats in a uterus.
I just got the call from my Gyn, he said my WBC and my RBC's were all good, my ced rate? was escalated. My gyn said that he was going to treat the symptoms this week with pain pills. And will discuss surgery to remove the cyst next week at my appt.
My gyn said I could also lose my right ovary as well.

Is this common ? To lose a ovary because of a cyst?

Lori
Thank you so much for all your help,just knowing I am not alone in all of this helps alot.
My husband is supportive , but it's sure hard to describe to him the pain Im going thru.Thinkin he might just be opposed to me kickin his manly parts to make a point eh .. lol

again thank you for all your help..

Lori
Your so right,I think some men are visual type of people, they must actually view whats hurting to understand it ..my hubby didnt fully understand until I drew out pictures in actual size for him .lol

Lori