Ovarian Cancer Community
Really bad pain with cysts??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Really bad pain with cysts??

Hello to all, My doc really doesn't communicate with me very well, good old HMO DOCS. lol  I literally (SP?) have to go to his office and corner him.  This is what my Ultra sound stated.

The anteverted uterus measures 9.0 cm in length with a maximal AP diameter of 4.4 cm and a transverse diamater of 5.3 cm.  The endometrial echos measure 6mm in thickness.  There is a small isoechoic 9 X 10 mm probable fibroid in the myometrium of the anterior body.  The right ovary measures 1.9 X 2.9 cm the left 3.9 x 4.7 cm containing an anechoic 3.3 x 4.1 cm cyst with posterior acoustic enhancement.  There is no evidence of fluid in the cul-de-sac.

Can anyone explaine to me if this is a normal cyst or a complex cyst??? The doctor is no help and I have put in for a 2 nd opinion with the insurance company but they say it can take months.  I am in pain almost all the time..  I get my period every 10 days, Really bad lower back pains and stabbing lower abb pain also. Even when I lift my neice the pain gets even more intense,  I have gone to the ER several times and I thought I was having appendicitis and that was it, they even said at one time I was passing a kidney stone, I never saw it. I don't know where to turn, but one thing I can say, this site has given me alot of commfort and thank you to all.  My thoughts and preyers go out to all of you wonderfull woman who are all so open and willing to help others out.

Thank You,
Char
Hi and welcome.  You really need to get a 2nd opinion from a gyn/onc.  They are specialists in women's gyn issues and have seen everything.  Although 99% of ovarian cysts are benign, you would be wise in getting the 2nd opinion.  Ovarian cysts can cause all sorts of symptoms.  You could have gi problems and also referred pain.  Sometimes the cyst rests on a nerve that sends pain messages to other parts of you body...down you leg, up to your rib cage, etc.  Also a large cyst can press on other organs such as the bladder and you have that constant urge to go.  Please, what ever you do, try to get the 2nd opinion from a gyn/onc.  You are in my thoughts and prayers.  Godspeed
~Tascha
My cyst sat on a nerve bundle, so I understand the ouch you're feeling. I had sharp pains that would radiate from the cyst area to my back or my legs. My cyst was just a bit larger than yours, so it's definately possible.
I can't really tell from what they wrote whether or not it's complex or simple... Are they having you do more ultrasounds to monitor it?
Keep putting in that second opinion request... it never hurts to try, and the outcome can only help.
Hang in there!
~Marianne
Oh yeah... definately get a new gyn.... One that tells you that you need a psych cause your pain is in your head just needs to go back to the 1800's.... He's nuts, NOT you!
Hang in there!
~Marianne
Thank you so much for helping me out and letting me vent to someone who is going threw the same thing.  I hate to say this, but I feel Male doctors DO NOT understand what we are going threw!!!  This is a horrible feeling and at times I feel like I am loosing my mind..  The Doc even had the nerve to tell me that I need to see a phyc for my problems..  I laughed and said sure SIR!!!  so thanks again for your help and input.

With Lots of Love,
Char
Thanks again!  Everyone here ROCKS and I greatly appreciate it too.  I am more relaxed and have read so much that now I am ARMED and DANGEROUS with so much info, when I see my doctor I think he is going to run out of the room kicking and screaming.  LOL :)

Hugs and Kisses,
Char