Ovarian Cancer Community
Recurrence of cancer after hysterectomy done for Ovarian cancer stage 1...
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Recurrence of cancer after hysterectomy done for Ovarian cancer stage 1C

I am 43 years old. In year 2006, I have a large cyst of 9 cm found near my left ovary which during that time, my doctor had removed my left ovary, left fallopian tube, omentum. It was diagnose as having borderline cyst. There is no cancer found. However, during the operation, the cyst ruptured and my doctor has stage it to be Ovarian Cancer stage 1c. I was monitored every 4 months. In December 2008, I had another cyst of 12cm found near my remaining right ovary. My doctor performed a hysterectomy operation on me and he also has proceed to remove my right pelvic lymph nodes as well. It was found to be cancer and it was confined to my right ovary only and I was diagnosed as stage 1c. My CA125 was 40 at that time. I have also went for CT Scan. It was normal. However, my doctor had suggested that I should go for 6 cycles of chemotherapy which I had just completed. My CA125 was 5.5 now. My question is what is my chances of recurrence of the cancer. Would I still get cancer later although I have done hysterectomy? Where is the likely areas in my body that I would get?