Ovarian Cancer Community
Right chemo treatment for Mucinous Ovarian cancer

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

My daughter 24, single, student was diagnosed with Mucinous Ovarain canvcer - intestine type of the right ovary and surgery done on 2nd May 2013. Surgeon also removed left ovary, uterus, appendix, omendum and lymph nodes as per the protocol. the cyst had breached and some fluid was found which showed scant cancer cells. All organs remooved proved negative. Thus it was only the right ovary and the fluid which tested positive. Now we are planning the chemo and the debate is on Carboplatin + taxol vs Oxaliplatin + capacitabine. There are clearly two schools of thought and none is giving confidence that the combination will be effective. I would like to have some advice on this.
Bala

This discussion is related to mucinous Ovarian Cancer stage 1c .
Tags: Ovarian Cancer, mucinous ovarian
I am not familiar with Mucinous tumors I did Carboplatin and Taxotere (Taxotere is the name brand of Taxtol, I had to have the name brand because I have MS).

Sounds like they did a good job with the surgery. It is great that it is stage I was stage IIIc and had been having symptoms for six years.

What does the Doctor recommend?

Alex
carboplatin + Taxol is the recommendation