Ovarian Cancer Community
Right side spasms

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Right side spasms

i have had all the symptoms but the pain seems to be getting worse.and something on my right side around my liver or ribcage feeld like it is throbbing? i am schedule to go to a surgeon on tue.perhaps for a laproscopy?i have no diagnosis so i am very confused.thanks
is the pain right underneath the rib cage, under the breast bone?  or are you having lower pelvic pain?
Ulstrasound can check the gallbladder.  It was a hidascan with CCK test that showed my gallbladder was functioning properly.  I started with my ob in early Feb with vag US,  internist gallbladder US, gastro, colonscopy, endoscopy.  Took til June to get the hidascan test.  Good luck and be persistent.
could it be gallbladder?
it is under my ribcage
so mermaid what was your diagnosis? i have had trans. u/s, endoscopy,i am scheduled for colonoscopy.right now my right side hurts so much ,i  feel like i  have been hit by a truck.my ankles are swollen and hurt.i am so confused.
What did your CA-125 show?  I had that pain while I was having stomach problems and pelvic pain and urinary urgency.  My regular doc thought gall bladder but my abdominal ultrasound came back fine.  Then I read about a woman who had that pain and it turned out to be Ov cancer. That is what lead me to having my ca-125 done and it was 241....a lap later found cancer.  My pain has basically gone away since I had total hysterectomy so I'm guessing its related somehow. I hope you get some relief!
HI!  I am having the same pain-on the right, under the rib cage.  When I first noticed it, a while ago, it hurt only when pressed.  As I was being tested for what it could be, it has gotten worse.  Had Ultrasound of the gall bladder, no stones, then the test for function, working fine.  Had had a colonoscopy April of last yr- no problems.  As of today have had, a barium CT of the abdom., an esophogram, a endoscopy, a small bowel follow through- all normal!!  Referred to the gyn., vag. ultrasound.  Ovaries were not even seen(told this was good)  Got my ca-125 results- 39, told this was nothing to be concerned about, but they want to do a lap.  
  The pain now comes at any time.  I'll take a deep breath and feel a stabbing pain that subsides. Same sort of pain has also moved down to right side next to navel.  Have alot of gas and the pains that go with it- it subsides also.  Stomach feels "off" much of the time.  UGHHHH!! It is all so maddening!!
The surgeon labeled it Biliary Dyskinesia.  However, even after gallbladder removal surgery in late June my symptoms continue to worsen.  I suspect Sphincter of Oddi.  My symptoms began with my abdomen swelling as I noticed none of my pants were fitting and I couldn't lose weight despite reducing calories.  I also have urinary frequency and my left arm and leg get numb a lot.  I started with spasms under left rib, then to right.  I also was fatigued with flu-like soreness.  I went to my OB first, Transvag US showed small amount free fluid and tiny fibroids.  Referred to internist who did gallbladder US.  No stones or sludge visible.  Referred to Gastro for Colon/Endoscopy.  Some polyps removed/upper.  Finally Hidascan with CCK.  My internist ordered CA-125, Celiac bloodtest, CA19-9,and liver function tests to put me at ease.  Anemia was causing a lot of the fatique.  The problem with this disorder is you must go through expensive invasive tests for diagnose.  I am changing doctors and going to the head Gastro at Emory teaching hospital here in Atlanta next week.  Like the ladies on this site advise, go to the experts if you can to avoid this ridiculous waiting process.  I have been logging my symptoms and notice that things are always worse mid-cycle and at the onset of my period.  I am so sorry you are experiencing this pain and wish you Godspeed on finding answers.
i have never had a ca-125 .i have only had a general blood test.i feel like the doctors don't really care.the gastro dr. did endo. and stomach scan said that they turned out fine but still gave me nexium and zelnorm! i told him i don't need them .there is a knot or lump or something inside me.not my stomach.i can eat anything i want it doen't hurt me,but i get so full on any little meal i become uncomfortable.
My OB/GYN refused to do a CA-125 and I was upset about this initially.  However, I now understand his view about so many false readings and it not being an accepted diagnostic tool in the field.  My family doctor did order one however and mine was a 7.  I can't really say this puts me at ease though because of my symptoms etc.  I can relate to not taking the drugs prescribed too.  I want answers first, call me stubborn but I don't want drugs in my system that probably don't belong there.  Good luck.
Mmr....I have the same feeling and feel like a baby kicking but I know I don't.have one because I did the nova sure 2007.