Risk of blood clots after surgery
Sorry i always seem to have weird questions
i had my surgery wed been home and walking around
someone said be careful of blood clots well that scared me how long after surgery should i worry i had a laproscopic surgery
what can i do to prevent it. is it really a concern i should have.
happy mothers day all

http://www.freewebs.com/mcgrathville/index.htm
Walking around is GOOD.  Blood clots are more likely if you are immobilized in bed.  That's why when people have major (meaning big-incision) surgery and are stuck in bed, they put these booties on them that constrict and massage the lower legs every few minutes, to keep the blood circulating.
Congratulations on your homecoming!  The word that the nurses gave me, both as a pre-op warning and after surgery as well...was not to cross your legs.  This means not at your ankles or at your knees or thighs.  If you're like me, that's a tough one.  peace,
Anne
but for how long after surgery should this be a concern
My doctor said that as long as I was up walking around as much as possible I should not have to worry about blood clots.  If you are concerned, give your doctor a call.  I am sure he can tell exactley what to look for.  Kasie
im not sure how long the "could happen"period would be,but from my expierience,when i went into the hospital,and they had me in pre-op,they gave me a very lovely TIGHTTTTT pair of white stocking thingamabobbers to put on that went up to my knees..they were extreamly tight,and after a while,really started to hurt my legs-post-op day 2..at that point,i was up walking,moving around freely,and they told me to take them off....i probably didnt help much,but thought id share