Ovarian Cancer Community
SUGERY TOMORROW SCARED WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

I am 22yrs old and tomorrow I am having (hopefully) a laprosopic ovarin cyst removed its is 8cm. I am worred about what all will happen and if they will actually be able to remove to with the scope. Also what will it be like after surgery what should I expect.....any help is greatly appricated.

Thanks,
     Sloan
Hi I had my first lap 10 years ago for cysts and am due another in 4 weeks.

My only real memory of the procedure was how my shoulders could hurt when it was my stomach that had been prodded (it is the gas I believe.)

I went in at 8am went down to theatre at 11, back up on the ward by 12ish and home by 5pm.  I was told that I needed someone to stay with me for the first 24 hours just in case I felt unwell.

I was tired for a few days and abit tender but most of all I wore very big knickers as I found the smaller midi size rubbed on the stitches.

I went back to work after 5 days but in loose comfortable clothing and went back to exercising after a fortnight.

I do not know at what size of cyst it is not possible to remove laparoscoply but I am sure someone else on the site will have had the relevant experience.

Best of luck for tomorrow

Dawn
you will be fine. Surgery is in and out.  Just make sure you take your recovery seriously.  I had my surgery last week and started doing too much too soon because I felt fine.  Then some of my "glue/stitches" opened.  Not a major deal - but make sure to take it easy.  Good Luck.