Ovarian Cancer Expert Forum
Scared

This forum is for questions and support regarding ovarian cancer issues, such as: Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Genetics, Hysterectomy, Immunotherapy, Ovarian Cancer Types, Radiation Therapy, Risk Factors, Screening, Staging, Surgery.

Scared
My mother recently passed after a 4 year.battle with this undetected disease. It was proven that it was not hereditary.. However, my ovaries when im mensturating our awful. I have had recent cyst that go away and come. I am currently in a fetal position with a heating pad crying for my mom.. I have an ultrasound scheduled tomorrow and am nervous about that also.. I just want to live life in no physical pain... What can I do?? is it possible it could be ovarian cyst,or cancer? NO one fights alone...
Hi There
I am so sorry for your loss of your mother. It is heart breaking.
It is important for you to have a full evaluation with a physical exam.
if you have chronic pain, it may be reasonable to consider a diagnostic laparoscopy to see what is going on.

You may have endometriosis which is a common cause of pelvic pain.
Also, if you have a persistent, ovarian cyst, it should be removed.
depending on your age and fertility concerns, decisions about how to manage gyn disorders such as severe endometriosis will vary.
For instance if you have completed your family and your have severe endometriosis, a full hysterectomy and removal of the ovaries and fallopian tubes is curative

However sometimes pain is not gynecological but rare from a bowel disorder such as colitis. so the first thing is getting a diagnosis.
here is a link on endometriosis
best wishes

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001913/

Try to be positive.  I once had a friend who had a large non-cancer cyst wrapped around her tubes.  Hopefully its not cancer.  But be active in your health.  Get copies of your reports and blood tests because sometimes the doctors don't tell you everything on the report.  GEt a CA125 blood test for ovarian cancer just to be sure.  You also could have a partially blocked fallopian tube for the painful mestration.  I had a scar tissue in my tube and when I menstrated - which was cleared up by laproscopy surgery.

Sloan is the best for cancer - I have ovarian cancer - and have been fighting for 2-1/2 years now and doing good so far.
Chemotherapy Tracker
Chemotherapy Tracker
Ovulation Tracker
Ovulation Tracker