Ovarian Cancer Expert Forum
Second line chemotherapy

This forum is for questions and support regarding ovarian cancer issues, such as: Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Genetics, Hysterectomy, Immunotherapy, Ovarian Cancer Types, Radiation Therapy, Risk Factors, Screening, Staging, Surgery.

Second line chemotherapy
Hello Dr.Goodmanoc,

My aunt had a bilateral ovarian. The oncologist recommended a (Entaxel & Carboplatin) chemotherapy to reduce the size of tumor before the surgery. Unfortunately CA125 increased from 11,000 to 22,000 after 6 weeks of the chemotherapy.

She had to undergo the surgery which reduced CA125 to 961. The post6 surgery chemotherapy of the same line raised CA125 to 984 after 3 weeks and 1033 after 6 weeks which let the oncologist decide to use a second line chemotherapy.

What do you recommend for the second line?
Correction: I meant "bilateral ovarian cyst" in the first sentence.
Chemotherapy Tracker
Chemotherapy Tracker
Ovulation Tracker
Ovulation Tracker