Ovarian Cancer Expert Forum
Septated complex cyst

This forum is for questions and support regarding ovarian cancer issues, such as: Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Genetics, Hysterectomy, Immunotherapy, Ovarian Cancer Types, Radiation Therapy, Risk Factors, Screening, Staging, Surgery.

Septated complex cyst

Hi, I'm 19 years old. Had a cyst removed about six months ago. But about November I started getting similar but worse pain as the last time. Sharp pains that last about ten minutes and some abdominal pain. I finally went to the doctor and was sent off for an ultrasound. Yesterday I got the results back. My doctor didn't tell me much more than, that it was a cyst. But she sent an urgent referral to the hospital.
It wasn't until I got home that I read the ultrasound and realised that it was not the same kind of cyst as I had before. So I looked it up. The information there was terrifying. And being in quite bad pain. And coming up to two months with no period. I'm pretty emotional.
Like I said, my doctor didn't really give me any information so any info anyone could give me would be much appreciated.
Thanks, Rhi
Hi Rhi
at your age, cysts come and go
there are never , from month to month the same cysts or in the same place
these are cysts of ovulation.
also many  teenagers go through a phase  of tough menstrual cycles, lots of pain
then usually mid-20's it settles down

You need more information form your doctor or her nurse about the meaning of this for you

the most important thing is to be sure you are not pregnant and do not have a abnormal pregnancy in a fallopian tube

be sure to check that she got a pregnancy test
good luck