Ovarian Cancer Community
Sex and Ovarian Cancer
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Sex and Ovarian Cancer

I am currently going through Chemotheraphy for Ovarian Cancer. I had full hyserectomy last year, when a tumor on my right ovary was discovered and I commenced chemothephy. Having got the all clear in November I relapsed 6 months later. I have now in chemo again. My problem is my partner is very scared of hurting me, during sex and therefore is putting a great strain on our relationship. Gaining a erection is fine but shortly after entering me he loses this erection and always immediately asks me if I am ok. I love him so much and I need to feel loved whilst I am going through all this treatment and after, but I do not know how to reassure him, and even now tempt him into attempting sex with me. I really do not know where to go from me and this is affecting me as much as going the chemo itself.
Is there any way of putting me in touch with other similar couples?
Any help is appreciated. Jemmie
Related Discussions
3 Comments
Blank
Hi,  you could ask the nurses or doctor where you get chemo if they know of any support for this.  I'm sure they've heard this before and could suggest someone you could contact.  Blessings to You.
Blank
Sounds like you have a wonderful husband and a beautiful relationship.
There should be a support group near you.
Blank
Hi,i feel so sorry about that,I think its really difficult sometimes. What i know when you had chemo,about 5 days or  a week that you should not expose somebody to your body fluids since you have the chemo in your secretions. Exposure to chemo according to the book is not good. Aternative ways to express your love like hugging,touching is the option.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ovarian Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...
Aug 28 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank