Ovarian Cancer Community
Sharp, Quick, Ovarian Pain everyday and periods every five months

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Hi. I am 20 years old and i have sharp, quick ovarian pains just about everyday. They last for about 5 to 30 seconds. If i have one, then a few more usually follow within a few hours. I dont have much of an appetite and i am always bloated. I haven't had any kids. My period only comes about every five months. The pain from my period is not that bad unless i wear a tampon, then i am doubled over in pain. My period only lasts about four to five days. I have done research on topics related to my symptoms. Everything is pointing to a cyst or cancer. What do I need to do?
You need to find the source of the pain.  Make an appointment with a gynecologist, if you have one.  Don't jump to the conclusion that you have cancer -- you're young and most masses turn out to be cysts.  There are plenty of other possibilities as well.  But don't ignor pain;  it's trying to tell you something is wrong;  follow up and solve the problem.  

Good luck.  
thanks. i was planning on doing that as soon as possible. even if it is not anything like a cyst, i still need to find out why i don't have my period.
Make an appointment with a gynecologist regarding your momentary pain.
When I had cancer in my fallopean tubes I had pain that would last about 5 to 10 seconds.  I however had a dot of blood coming from my vagina though. These were my symptoms.  Good to have things checked for sure. Please know that I was 56 at the time. All the best with your examinations my dear.  You're in my prayers. Cheers & Chuckles, Frogette
thanks a bunch. i have an appointment thursday with my family doctor. i will keep you posted on what he says.
I have an update. i went to the doctor yesterday and he said i have a cyst. It is about the size of a golf ball. he guessed about 2 cm before he went digging for the answer, but it was bigger than he suspected. so he put me on sprintec to help regualte my period. He also scheduled me an ultrasound to actually see it. And let me tell you, it hurt when he was pushing on my stomach and poking my insides. and now my stomach still feels a little queezy. it wasnt a fun experience, but i am glad i know whats going on.