Ovarian Cancer Community
Sharp Shooting Pains in Ovary Area
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Sharp Shooting Pains in Ovary Area

Yes, I also had both fallopian tubes removed 6 months ago, due to previous problems, by laproscopy.  It was my second laproscopy procedure, and I had also had a utopian pregnancy some yrs before.

6 months after removal the pain with my period is so very intense.  I take 2 types of anti inflammatory at once (the dosage recommended after my operation only) as one dosage won't remove the pain.  I find I have 3 types of pain at once now.  The pain dosage helps with two types, if I also use a hot water bottle and meditate.  The third type is so intense (dare i say it worse than the pain i had with the utopian pregnancy? and worse than i felt immediately after the operation where the 3 incisions were made, and tubes removed).  I was screaming out, and it lasted 5-15 seconds per time.  It came every few minutes, or intermittently.
Combined with this the previous spotting between periods is cured by the operation, but I am now basically immobilised for 3 days with my period due to intense pain (used to be for 1-2 days only), bleeding clotting, and most blood on first day - wants to all come out at once.  My period is even one day shorter than it used to be - used to be four days, now its only 3.  I hope this shooting pain won't continue.
I have had a brief exam where it is suggested that I may have adhesions.
Just wanted to say this intense pain may actually be the body adjusting after laproscopy surgery to remove some parts of ovary/fallopian.  I have also felt this symptom like other posters have, which is why i replied.  Maybe this abnormal pain is in some way "normal" or at least common or usual -
but please note i didn't experience it until 4-6 months after my operation, before that i had pain, and my period was shorter, but not like this intense pain.

This discussion is related to Sharp Shooting Pains in Ovary Area.
0%
 (0) 
pammy9
0%
 (0) 
gemma45
0 Members voted