Ovarian Cancer Community
Sharp Shooting Pains in Ovary Area

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Sharp Shooting Pains in Ovary Area

MickeyVicki or anyone - I've been giving advice and asking and now today..... I started to get these sharp shooting pains in the right ovary area (where I had the LAP done Oct 28th). OUCH. I called the doctor told them about the bleeding and the pain - they said "we'll have to call you back"......... UGH!
I guess I would be 'anyone'. DON'T accept a being put 'on hold' from your Dr's office unless they reply in a timely manner. Pains and bleeding just is not normal and recently I had a co-worker who kept being put off put her Dr office in a similar fashion and finally she went to a different office to discover she has terminal cancer of kidneys, spine, and lungs. I realize this is the extreme, but the point is a Dr should not put off your desire to have good health. Take care of yourself!
Yes, keep calling until they talk to you, or go to the emergency room.
Well,  I can share with you my experience.  I had an ovary and fallopian tube removed laparascopically last year.  I had some very mild bleeding during the first 24 hours, then it stopped.   I never had any sharp, shooting pains, not even mild cramps.  

I would like to know if anyone reading this post has experienced such intense pain.  If it is common, then it is not likely to be a problem.  However, if it seems to be rare, then the doctor ought to be taking your complaints seriously.
The doctor called me and said that she expects me to have blood and pains in the ovary area since she removed a cyst.  I told her that they come and go but sometimes they are very sharp.  She didn't seem to think this is odd. However, today the bleeding is just "gross".... not heavy, just clots.  I feel like a pain now - and here I gave someone advise to keep calling - but now after speaking with the doctors, I feel odd to keep bugging them.  BUT - I don't know if something is healing correctly and I don't want to wait and find out later that it didn't.
I have been having pain on my left side the pain is around the ovary area and shoots down my leg into my hip area. I have had a US/TV. The person whom read the xrays said I looked normal, had a few cysts, etc. but nothing abnormal.  So I had a friend whom works at a hospital take my pictures to someone else who reads xrays for a living at a hospital and he said.  I have several circles around outside the bladder area, but hard to tell because the ct scan was without contrast.  Has anyone heard of this or have had this.  My GYN pretty much just blew me off like nothing is wrong.
I am going to get another opinion but until then, wondering if anyone can tell me if they had this diagnoses before.  What could be small circles outside the bladder area????

Thank you
Dawn
I just found out the female GYN who performed my surgery that today is her last day. UGH.  I am still bleeding and if I don't take my birth control pill, it is heavy.  I just also noticed (now, I don't know if it's still from the LAP on 10/28) but my right side abdomen is a little larger than the left???  Is that possible from the LAP?  The sharp pains come and go - but nothing "stays" - other than the bleeding.
I have no explanation for that, but I would be concerned that there is some bleeding inside that is causing the swelling.
I think I'll see how large or if it doen't look different tomorrow - if it does, I'll call.  I just don't like crying "wolf" and it be nothing.
hello... this is the first time i have ever writen in a forum... ok.. where do i start... i am 23 years old... and am very scared...for the past year.. i have gone without periods for months (up to 4) and when i do get them..stay on them for about 2 days.. then they stop.. then about a week later.. they will stay everyday for a month to 2 months.. they are not light.. they are rather heavy.. and i have been getting sharp pains..i went to a check up a few months ago... but nothing was found in a blood test, or physical exam...  i do not have kids.. nor do i have sex.. i am not on birth control.. but i am however.. very sscred.. i dont know what to look for.. please help guide me <3 thank you very much ..
I know it is hard, but try to stay calm.  I am here for the first time, too--and scared to death, too--so maybe we can get our answers together.

I am 48, having normal cycles, but suddenly have constant dull pain in my back, sharp pain in my left ovary and side and per the doctor have "significant blood in my urine"--even though I can't see it.  

Can any of you help lookingforinfo23 and/or me out?  This is all very frightening.
me and my boyfriend had sex 3 days after i finished my period and we used a condom but the condom broke sadly =( but my boy friend dident ejeculate his sperm insde me but 1 week later i started to get little sharp pains on my ovarys my boyfriend thinks it could be that im making/ realesing another egg  i have 2 more weeks till my next period do u think i could be pregnant other than the pains i feel fine im perfectly normal could it be the weather or somthing thats afecting me? im only 15 i cant be pregnant please give me info thanx xxx
im getting sharp ovary pains and ive only been 2 weeks with out my period il get it in 1 weeks time what could it be ive never had these pains b4 and so early iv usualy had them 2 weeks after my period what could it be ?
i all ways had pain on my right ovary, my periods were heavy, id pass out with the pain. i went to te doctors to get a coil fitted because my periods were so heavy.she could not fit it, i had a fiibroid int he cervix,when for  a scan, they then found i had a ovarian cyst, i then went to get cyst removed. they had to remove both my ovaries. waiting for the biopsy results,i am 49.wasnt going through menopause now i am , hot flushes night sweats,the lot... please go to the doctor with any pains down there..
A related discussion, Sharp Shooting Pains in Ovary Area was started.