Ovarian Cancer Community
Side Effects of Doxcin -salvage chemo

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Side Effects of Doxcin -salvage chemo

I was diagnosed in 3 C stage of ovarian cancer in Apr 2007 ,After undergoing surgery I was adminstered 6 cycles of chemo -,(carboplatin and taxol)the level of ca-125 even after the sixth cycle was around 100 .Both Ct scan and pet-ct reports did not indicate any residual disease. The last cycle of chemo was given on 28 Aug.My general conditin was good ,I was doing physical exercies and diet was good . Some doctors advised me that it will be best if u wait and watch and do not take any more chemo .I waited till Dec 15 to get another pet-ct done ,the results were very encuraging ,no disease was detected and my general condition was good .It was around 20 feb that i felt that  i am having bit of costipation and the ca-125 went up 1000 .We got another pet -ct done .The disease has now spread in entire abdoman.The chemo has commenced again this time I have been given Doxcin  ,-it is 3 weeks since the dose has been administered - the side efffects are terrible - my rib cage is paining badly and I have rashes all over my body - How can I reduce the side effects? and there is also difference of opinion of doctors - should it be 3 weeks or 4 weeks cycle?
1 Comment
I have not had doxil, some of our ladies have, may come on later. Meantime doxil has a website, www.doxil.com, with all side effects. I think it is usually 3 weeks, my dr. however spaces my gemzar a week late due to my side effects.  Donna