Ovarian Cancer Community
Simple Ovarian Cyst
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Simple Ovarian Cyst

On 2/21/06 I had a sonogram they saw a 3.8cm cyst on my right ovary. Right ovary enlarge 6X4.4cm they called it a simple ovarian cyst. However, I"ve been having alot of stomach pains,pelvic pain,lower back pain,waist pain and constipation.I saw a GI doctor and found I had acid reflix. On 4/3/06 they repeated the sonogram the cyst was still 3.8cm. The sonogram report said it could be evaluated further. Both times I had the exams done the pelvic sono saw the cyst but the transvaginal sono couldn't identified the right ovary.The report also said other findings are stable. I've decided to have the cyst removed I don't know if thats the right thing to do or should I have waited a few months to see if the cyst goes away on it's own? I still don't understand why I got a cyst. I've heard that the birth control pill prevent cyst and I've been on birth control pills most of my life. I'm 37 and I've been feeling like **** for a couple of months.
Related Discussions
3 Comments
Blank
117289_tn?1391716425
Sorry that you feel so bad.  Just remember that 99% of ovarian cysts are BENIGN.  Hopefully it will resolve on it's own.
You are in my thoughts and prayers.  Godspeed
~Tascha
Blank
Hi Nani-

I understand and share your frustration.  I've been on birth control consistently for 6 years since the birth of my son, yet I've had 4 'simple' cysts in the last 7 months with one that will not resolve. Your decision to have the cyst removed is certainly understandable.  They can cause alot of pain and make you feel pretty lously.  What does your doctor say about the reason for the cyst developing while on birth control?

Mari
Blank
Hi,Sikntired

The Doctor himself didn't understand why I got the cyst. Are you having your cyst removed? Did your Doctor give you an explaination why you got those cyst while on birth control pills? Are you also feeling sick?                              
                                  Nani
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ovarian Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...