Ovarian Cancer Community
Squamous Cell Ovarian Cancer
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Squamous Cell Ovarian Cancer

Has anyone else been diagnosised with squamous cell ovarian cancer.  If so, how where you treated.  Any information would be greatly appreciated.  So scary....
Related Discussions
2 Comments
Blank
41502_tn?1223520653
I googled it and it seems they treat the same way. First line was usually carbo/taxol. I had to look on my surgical report to see, but mine was in the 80% of 5 or 6 types of cells. (Serous papillary adenocarcinoma) Squamous was in the rare %. Have you had surgery and have they told you if you will get chemo? It depends on the stage cancer also.  Best wishes  Donna
Blank
438514_tn?1305737740
Chemo started 14 days after surgery with 1st treatment just carbo and then beginning the next week carbo/taxol.  No real side effects from the treatment.  They haven't really given a timeline, just that only god knows.....Not exactly what I wanted to hear.  I have sent emails to nearly every cancer center I can find to find someone with real knowledge or history of this agressive fast growing type.  (I had a PET scan 13 days after surgery, where they told me they got it all and on that PET scan another tumor has grown back to a size of about 56 millimeters (or 2.25 inches).  Besides the one tumor there were 4-5 clusters of cells, but the great news was that it wasn't anywhere else!!!!!  My Oncologist said that usually the faster growing tumors respond well to the chemo.  So, I keep praying....

Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ovarian Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...
Apr 16 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank