Ovarian Cancer Community
Stage 4 ovarian Cancer

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Stage 4 ovarian Cancer

my mother is 87 years old and she was diagnosed to have stage 4 ovarian cancer is is possible that i can use this ginger powder for her? the doctor recommended her for surgery but she was thin and quite old so we did not say yes to surgery.paracentesis was performed 5months ago now the ascites is back again. we are giving her this beet root with carrots and apples we blend it.my question is can we use this ginger for her i read this article about ginger powder a cure for ovarian cancer.i wish you could answer my question.thank you very much and more power to medshelp.
1 Comment
Avatar dr f tn
Researchers from the University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center have found that ginger kills cancer cells and prevents them from building up resistance to cancer treatment.  However, the researchers stressed that this is a preliminary study and further research is needed. Hope this helps. Take care and best regards.