Stem Cells and Ovarian Cancer
I am expecting a baby in 5 months.  My mom, who was in remission from Stage IV Ovarian Cancer for five and a half years recently had her CA-125 test spike up twice, and a subsequent CAT Scan found a tumor.  
My question is, would it be worthwhile and helpful to her for us to bank our baby's umbellical cord for its stem cells?  Is this something that is being used for treatment of Ovarian Cancer?
Thank you very much.
I don't know what the future holds for stem cell research, but you bet I'd bank my baby's stem cells for the future!  I think that stem cells will be the answer/cure for cancer; they give the body the ability to re-wire the bad cells. Perhaps if we proceed with the research in the near future, the cure might be right around the corner.  
Good luck with your baby, and best wishes to your mom.
Survivor Susie
I agree with Susie.  It may not help your mother, but your child's future will be full of medical possibilities and if you can afford to bank the cells I would most definitely do it.  Who knows what disease, accident or illness your child might be able to recover from because he/she had those stem cells.  Congrats on the new addition and I do hope your mom will have some chemo and be done with it again for another 5 or 20 yrs.  I hope you know to have tests more regularly than most and at an earlier age also.  Given your family history, make them do a TVUS as part of your yearly starting 5 years before the age that your mother was when she was dx.  Good luck to your an your family and I will keep your mom in my prayers