Ovarian Cancer Community
Stem cell research

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Stem cell research

Bradley University is doing some ground breaking stem cell research that could one day wipe out ovarian cancer.
It started with the discovery that stem cells migrate towards cancer cells.

Now the goal is to use those stem cells to kill off the cancer cells.

“We want them to take them out and destroy the cancer cells, so we want to modify the stem cells to express an agent that will essentially kill the cancer cells,” said Dr. Craig Cady, a biology professor at Bradley University.

Dr. Cady does stem cell research on bone marrow cells and human umbilical cord blood.

His current research does not include embryonic stem cells.

the future does begin to look more promising for us
1 Comment
Hello-  I believe my mom's doctor that did this overseas had the same concept...my mom is doing well so far so hopefully this worked..please see my post below.  It costs a lot of money; but effective so far.  Everytime they injected stem cell to her, her CA125 decreased (in between chemos) as well.  Hopefully this is the answer to this disease.  It's really unfortunate that there is no way of detecting this unless it's in its advanced stage.  Anyway, thank you for this and I will research this as well and wills end to my mom's doc.  Thank you!

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/show/320566