Stitch-like pain in side above surgical site
I am 10 days post-op from lap. ovary/tube removal w/ lots of scar tissue/adhesions from previous open appendectomy.  I have such a stitch in my right side (surgery was on the right).  The area that hurts is far above the surgical site.  Could this still be anesthesia or should I be concerned?  Follow up w/ Dr. not for another week.
Hey there...I would simply call his office and explain to a nurse what is going on and ask her if you should make an appointment or not....those guys don't ever want a surgical patient having trouble after they operate.....not good for you, for them...their reputation, etc....they don't want you sick...call and speak with a nurse in his office.
Peace.
dian
If your surgeon is unresponsive, you might consider contacting your primary care doctor.  I felt miserable after my hysterectmy & after no response from the surgeon, I got wonderful care from my family practioner, who discovered that I was severly dehydrated & gave me good advice about what to eat & other basics.  I wanted to deduct the FP's fees from the surgeon's!!

I am currently 'shopping' for a good oncologist that is more responsive that the GYN/ONC - I believe he did a good job with the surgery but doesnt handle consoious patients very well!