Hello. I possibly have a peritoneal inclusion cyst (complex cycst,5cm) and am wondering what the chances are of it rupturing or leaking. I am going camping for 8 days, leaving tomorrow and will be quite some distance from a hospital. Although the pain hasn't been too bad (cramping, bloating, spasms) it is getting gradually worse and in the last 24 hrs, I have been getting intense pain (like white hot bolts of lightening) coming from the area, moving up. Last week I was in emerg with intense pain on right side and it turned out to be a kidney stone making its way down urethra (that pain was like stab and burn, ranging from 3-8), but the new pain is on the left side (cyst is on left) and even more intense (about a 9).
My question is, if the cyst does leak or rupture, do they do anything at the hospital (ie surgery or drain it) or do they just manage the pain? I have percacet (sp?) for the kidney stone pain so I can take that if need to. If anything happens while in the woods, it would be a waste to go all the way to the city if there isn't anything they can do for it. If the pain is something other than the cyst, I had a CAT scan 7 dys ago (when they found the stone), wound't it have shown up on the scan?
Take some pain meds and have a plan with support of your friends to get you to the hospital. A cyst can rupture at anytime and you would need emergency surgery if your ovary has ruptured. So plan ahead Good Luck to you Kidney Stones I have those as well what a battle stones and cysts what do we do
Welcome to the site. Have you had the cyst checked for torsion?? I am asking because you say the pain is steadily getting worse and this is what happens with torsion. You really should get to the ER and have that checked. Pain that is 9 on the scale should not be ignored. Please get this checked out. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Godspeed
What is torsion? I've never heard that word before.
PS. No "bolts" of pain today and it is down to 3 on left (cyst) and 3 on right (kidney stone) but stomach is REALLY bloated. Lots of pressure and back pain and movement is slow. In the report I read, the cyst does not appear to be attached to the ovary, but the ovary is enlarge 2x and filled with blood. The GP recommended immediate surgery but wanted the gyn to see me for better opinion. My gyn appt isn't for another month. Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions.
Torsion is when the cyst causes the ovary to flip over and "kink" the tube, thus cutting off the blood supply to the ovary. It is really very painful. Since your pain is subsiding, perhaps the cyst did resolve on it's own. I still think that you should try to see a gyn/onc now and not wait for 1 month. Also, try to call your gyn and tell him you will take the first available cancellation. The sooner you get this taken care of, the sooner it will be behind you.
i have a constant hemmorhagic solid mass cyst that ruptures and bleeds all the time and no one ever helps me and i am still here. i can tell you it hurts like hell when it happens, but hospital dont do nothing for it.
I also have a sharp pain that comes and goes on the left side. I had a U/S 4 weeks ago that showed a cyst on left ovary filled with blood it was complex 4.1 cm and he thought it was hemmorhagic or endometrioma. I have been having weird symtoms (symptoms) that seemed to be vaguely associated with menstrual cycle. after ovulation the constant need to pee. bloating and pelvic pain and that constant left ovary sort of stabbing pain off and on. He also did the watch and wait and said repeat in 2 cycles. It does not feel like it is going anywhere this time. I had this another time and it did go away but this time it does not seem to be going away I should be having a period in 10 days and then if not better I will repeat. My gyn is alright he delivered both my children but is not into to much diagnostic testing. He does not want to put me on BCP because of my family history of breast cancer. I tried to get a gyn/oncol but the major hospital said they only take pt's with a diagnosis of cancer. I am not sure if I should stay with my doctor or not because I don't feel he is aggresive (aggressive) enough but I have known him for almost 15 years and feel like he know me. I do have appt. with a high risk clinic at the major hospital but not sure what they do. my sister had breast cancer at age 31 and Paternal grandmother in her 40's. any advice. new to this site.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.