Surgery This Monday; Trying not To Worry Too Much
Well, I'm finally having surgery Monday morning (2/5) for my complex cyst. After months of "watching & waiting" I'm ready to get it the heck out!!! Even though it's about 5.5cm, with septations & papillary excrescences, I honestly still don't have any symptoms at all-  no pain, bloating, or bowel problems,  just a bit of a "sensation" like I can "feel" the ovary, if that makes any sense. The plan is to remove both ovaries, uterus & cervix laparoscopically,  though depending on what they run into, they might have to switch to a laparotomy.  I won't know till I wake up what they ended up doing or what they found, which of course adds to the anxiety.

Anyway, I just wanted to thank everyone who has shared their experiences with me. You all have been very helpful, and very supportive. Send positive thoughts my way on Monday so that hopefully I'll be joining the 99% club!
Hey Cagney I will have you in my thoughts!  I am 99% and had an experience like yours, no symptoms etc and was lucky it did not get dragged out on the old Watch & Wait beyond a couple of months.  I had two benign cysts with the whole mess mesuring just over 7 cm.  I elected not to go the whole menu but understand those who do.  At almost fifty it is a risk but was my choice.  I will welcome you to the RS (Recovery Side) with a Pink Shoe dance Cagney regardless of the outcome.  Try not to worry.  MV
Good luck on your surgery.  I will be praying for you.  As Raven Lady posted earlier 99% of all ovarian cysts are begnin.  Keep us posted on you progress.  Kasie
dont worry every thing will be fine,just get help when u return home,i'll need lots of help.
We truly are in the same boat Cagney(thanks for your response to my post last week)and my prayers are with you tomorrow. I also have very few symptoms-but yesterday I was quite bloated almost crampy(haven't had crampy feelings since before hysterectomy 5yrs ago) and I also feel at times like can feel my ovary inside.
Anyway.. again you will be in my prayers. Please when you feel up to it, please let us know how things went..my surgery is not scheduled for another month!!
Praying for you too!  At least this thing will be out of your body!  That thought always made me feel better before my surgery!  Keep us posted as soon as you can, my dear.  Rachael
My bets are on a benign cystadenoma, which can have both septations and papillary projections like yours.  Good luck - I'm sure things will go fine.

Linda
Just wanted to let you know I'll be praying for you tomorrow. And also to give you some words of encouragement that you'll be fine. A few years ago I kept gaining weight and the doctors attributed it to weight gain never sending me for tests or anything. I never had any symptoms except for the weight gain.  When they finally removed my cyst a year later it was a 40 pound cyst. They told me recovery would take at least three months but within a month I was up and moving again like my old self. Try not to worry to much!
Good Luck tomorrow Cagney  You are quite a gal and I know you will be fine. Putting a very special prayer in for you tonight.  Marty