Ovarian Cancer Expert Forum
Surgery again?

This forum is for questions and support regarding ovarian cancer issues, such as: Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Genetics, Hysterectomy, Immunotherapy, Ovarian Cancer Types, Radiation Therapy, Risk Factors, Screening, Staging, Surgery.

Surgery again?

I have now learned  that my right ovary has a 10 cm cyst and my doctor informed me that I needed to have surgery , the sooner the better (he says). I am so scared. He says that he will have the urologist there to put in stints so he does not touch my bladder. Had a horrible experince couple years ago. I told him that in Jan. would be ok and he is trying to get me to do it sooner. And he said he will just take the ovary too, why not the other one too?? It has a cyst on it, but not as big but why not just take them both so I dont have to do this ever again.(Had a partial hysterctomy already) What I need to know is how bad will this be, I already have a huge scar which he wont touch, too much scar tissue. I already know about the horrible pain in the shoulder. This is coming up soon and I am horrified that something once again will go wrong.
Hi There
I am sorry you are going through this.
It is vry hard.

You should sit down with your doctor and have a careful discussion of all your fears and concerns.

Make a list of questions with you so you dont forget. Also bring a friend or family member to be another set of ears.

Without a more complete history of your past surgeries and medical conditions, I cannot comment on the surgical strategy and possibilities .

I wish you luck and a speedy recovery