Ovarian Cancer Community
Swelling
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Swelling

Well I am a week and a half post op. I have been doing exactly as told but I am getting so swollen that i look 4 mths pregnant. It seems to be getting worse. I cant even wear underwear comfortably. Is this normal? I do not remember this happening before. Thanks. Erika&name=Mishelle
Related Discussions
6 Comments
Blank
I don't know, but I can tell you I feel much more swollen then I did right after surgery. I remember with my plastic work, my doc told me that swelling gets WORSE in the days following, then begins to abate, a reaction to tissue trauma.

Linda
Blank
Hi Mishelle, can I ask a question, what did you have done? Why did you have surgery? Thank you, Rebecca
Blank
Hello there...have you spoken to anyone at your clinic or hospital...I would like to see you do that....my swelling subsided as time went on...it didn't get worse....I can't imagine what is going on with you is what they want to see...check in with your medical team. Please don't wait.
Peace.
dian
Blank
Dian, i am gonna call monday. Sorry about not answering emails if u wrote, yahoo is not letting me sign in. Becki, I had bilateral salpingoorphectomy due to severe pelvic endometriosis and borderline ovarian changes. I had hyst last year due to uterine dysplasia so I call this recent surgery the completion of what should have been done the 1st time.
Blank
132752_tn?1273345873
Mishelle...
Obviously not sleeping here either.  You're sounding pretty uncomfortable right now, physically and otherwise.  I'm not sure where you are geographically, but I agree with Dian.  Don't wait until Monday to call your doc's office. You're a pretty recent post-op who is feeling worse, not better.  Give them your symptoms including your inability to sleep.  Nothing you're feeling is trivial...they want to know what's going on.
peace,
Anne
Blank
I DID SWELL ALOT!! AFTER THE FIRST WEEK IT WILL SLOWLY GO DOWN....IT SEEMED AT FIRST THAT EVERYDAY I SWELLED MORE AND MORE....THEN ONE MORNING U WAKE UP AND SEE THAT IT IS STARTING TO GO DOWN....HANG IN THERE LADIES...WE CAN DO IT!
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ovarian Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...
Apr 16 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank