Ovarian Cancer Community
Swollen/Sore Lymph Nodes

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Swollen/Sore Lymph Nodes

Hello all!  I've been waiting for US results for a week now (for ovary/pelvic/abdominal symptoms).  Have had a swollen/sore lymph node on left side of groin for almost two months.  Lately have noticed sore lymph nodes on my chest and now this morning the lymph nodes under my left arm are VERY sore.  I was wondering if I might just have fibroids, but now am wondering if they can cause these lymph node problems, or if it could be something else.  Have any of you had lymph node issues?  Thanks for any input!!
I have had no lymph node issues......swollen lymph nodes indicate an infection or blockage somewhere in the body.  Sounds as if the left side of your body is involved.....I think I would contact the doctor's office and let them know what is going on.....whatever is going on needs to be adressed sooner rather than later.....please do contact your doctor or go to the ER if the pain becomes worse.  Let us know what you find out.....don't wait for your doctor to contact you....get on this right away.
Peace.
dian
Hello..I fully agree with dian....you need to see your Doc. a.s.a.p  as swollen lymph nodes are not a good sign, as it can be anything from infection to worse. Please let us know how you go. I don't want to scare you, but you did ask if anyone had a lymph node issue, and I did.... I had a swollen lymph node in the left side of my groin, and after a fine needle biopsy, they told me it was cancerous. The chemo has fixed that, as it was isolated, but then I was dx with Stage 4 OvCa so the lymph node involvement wasn't a surprise. I hope everything works out good for you, and it's nothing too serious. Hugs...Helen...
I appreciate your responses.  It really means a lot!  I did go to DR, am scheduled for consult with surgeon on Tuesday to biopsy the hard lymph node on my groin.   They did some blood work, and I do not have any infection. Also, FINALLY got the results of my US.  I have a complex cyst.  Don't know the size.  I'm waiting for them to send me my US report.  There is a lot of good info on the internet on what is called "lymphadenopathy" if anyone wants more info.  Pretty scary stuff, really.  If you're under 30 you have an 80% chance of a benign cause of a hard lymph node.  After 50 (I'm 46.) the chances are 60% malignancy.  Waiting is the hardest part, isn't it?  Thanks again both of you.  You are both very sweet.
Sorry you are experiencing these symptoms and having to worry so.

Just wanted to offer another benign condition that causes swollen lymph nodes called Sarcoidosis.
Here is a link for you: http://www.whathealth.com/sarcoidosis/symptoms.html

I hope all works out well for you and you feel better soon.