Ovarian Cancer Expert Forum
Symptoms after D & C

This forum is for questions and support regarding ovarian cancer issues, such as: Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Genetics, Hysterectomy, Immunotherapy, Ovarian Cancer Types, Radiation Therapy, Risk Factors, Screening, Staging, Surgery.

Symptoms after D & C

I had a D & C due to a miscarriage about a week and a half ago.  I recovered really well after surgery and had very little bleeding.  In the past two days, however,  I have been experiencing some frustrating and troublesome symptoms.  First they started with chills, nausea and abdominal pain.  Then it turned into extreme bloating, diarrhea and now a tremendous amount of gas.  I have been short of breath at times and so uncomfortable from the bloating.  Is it possible this is related to the surgery or do you think it is just a weird stomach bug?  I hate to call my doc if it is just indigestion or nothing to worry about.
Tags: diarrhea
Hi There,
you might just have a stomach bug but you should let your doctor decide that.  You may also have a serious infection in the uterus that is giving you these symptoms. Please call you doctor and go in for a check now.
best wishes