Ovarian Cancer Community
The most apparent symptoms

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

The most apparent symptoms

My mother has been having severe stomach aches for the past 2 years. Just this past Christmas she was sent to the Emergency Room because her stomach pain was so severe. This isn't unusual.She has been hospitalized more than once due to these stomach aches. Her doctor diagonsed her with a stomach ulcer but I fear it may be more than that. When she went to the ER they found that a little of her lung had collapsed and said that the reason for her stomach aches that time was becuase of a stool that didnt exit her body. The thing that worries me is that these pains have been here for two years. I'm beginning to believe it may be ovarian cancer but I am unsure. Is it too late or is it maybe something else? This seems to be the only explanation besides colon/stomach cancer. Can you please help?
1 Comment
She could have one of many diseases, but her symptoms really do not sound like ovarian cancer to me.  Her symptoms could indicate conditions like irritable bowel syndrome, stomach cancer, intestinal cancer (in the small intestine, not just the large intestine - the colon,) diverticulitis, liver disease,  or even severe symptoms simply brought about by stress.  If she takes medications for other health problems, then she could even be having reactions to those medications.  She could be reacting to foods that she is eating, fluids that she is drinking, or to herbal-type supplements that she is taking.  Of course, what do I know?!  

It sounds to me like she needs to find a good doctor who will thoroughly and systematically test her for any diseases that cause her symptoms,  then determine her condition and devise a plan of action to control her problems.