There's a medical name for the trauma from dealing with doctors!
I was reading about CFS as a chronic illness (which cancers are now being treated as through the reoccurrance process).  ...When I come across a list of the trauma experienced by CFS patients as including:

"Iatrogenic trauma - the experience that patients ahve in the health care system.  The opportunity to be traumatized in the system increases over time because the patient is going in and out, over and over again.  Clinician education becomes extremely important.  I see patients who being to avoid the medical system and avoid seeking care."

This was from Patricia Fennell's (of Albany Health Management Associates, Inc) presentation to the CFS Advisory Committee that's reports to the director of the Department of Health and Human Services.  ...So this isn't just a made up name.  (It Iatrogenic starting with a I not an L.)

Who knew??
Iatrogenic means physician or medically induced
Oh, thanks.  That makes sense!  I thought it something to see it on a list of concerns for how to identify trauma experiences by chronically ill patients.  There were only three types of trauma listed, and that was one of them.
Wow and I  thought I was the only person that suffered from this!

Look at that it is a noted disorder.

Must make a note to tell the oncologist.