Thick uterine wall
I recently went to the doctor for abnormal bleeding, discharge, pain after intercourse, and irregular periods. I have a vaginal ultrasound showing sists on one of my ovaries and an area of my uterus was irregularly thick. My doctor did some bloodwork and now I am just waiting for the labs to get back. He didn't say much about what it could be which scares me a little because my doc is very open and forthcoming. I am 23, have two babies under 2yrs old, and had a tubal ligation last July. I've been experiencing the above symptoms for about 3 months or so. Could it be cancer? Endometriosis? Worse? I have a family history of cervical cancer, tumors on the uterus, and endometriosis. If someone could shed some light on the subject, I sure would appreciate it.
It is hard to know what is could be...there are many benign possibilities....let's hope and pray it won't be a type of cancer.  With ovarian cancer you present with a mass on one or both of your ovaries defined as complex or solid.   Follow up with your gyn is very important and if they are complex you need to see a gynecologic oncologist before your surgery.  He/she should either do the surgery or be there to assist if the complex mass is found to malignant.  Here is a link to point you in the direction of a gyn/onc should that be the finding on your ultrasound:

http://www.wcn.org/interior.cfm?diseaseid=13&featureid=4

Try not to worry (although I know this is hard) because most cysts are benign.   Best wishes to you for a benign outcome.  Keep us posted on how you are doing.
I know how the anxiety can mess you up, The measuremnets of the cysts are the important thing, if 4 cm or smaller, they might just go away.  You will have to follow that up with a repeat scan. measuring for growth, the thickened area of the uterus could mean many things, endo, fibroids or just a the uterus getting ready to slough off.  I would suggest a pap  if he didn't do one,  did he do a vaginal exam?  OVCA is a rare disease, and cysts are 98% benign.  sometimes they use Birth control pills to regulate??  tubal ligations are one of the things that can prevent ovarian cancer.  so with your history I think I would concentrate on finding out mainly what is causing the uterine abnormal symptoms.