Ovarian Cancer Community
Thick wall Vascular?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Thick wall Vascular?

Ok The gyn/onc office just called me and he said my cyst has shrunk. It is now 7cm (was 10.9 x 11.5)and he would like another u/s in 4 weeks. I asked her why the u/s tech seemed concerned so she read through his note and all she could find was "thick walled vascular" She said he didn't put down that he was concerned, if he was he would have wrote that he was concerned."

Later my gyn called me and she said the cyst had thick walls but it was good it was shrinking. Anyone else have this?

I still have no idea what kind of cyst it is. I was waiting for the gyn/onc office to call me back with my next u/s appt to ask. I also want copies of all my reports. Do I have to go pick them up or can they just mail them to me? I live 45 miles from the Dr's office is why I ask.

Am I nearing the edge of the woods yet or should I still be worried a little?

Take care,
Dianne
I'll put bets on it that this is a hemmoraghic cyst. They do shrink and do show up as vascular.  

L.
I'm still trying to get used to sonography techs giving out information.  Here in our part of CT, they specifically say that they're not permitted to give out any information...they won't even say the word concerned.  Of course, that's not to say that their faces don't always show something.  Some people should definitely not play poker.

If you're requesting your medical records be sent directly to you, your doc might not require a release to be signed.  If you're requesting that they forward them to someone else, you'll have to sign a form.  If you have access to a fax (even at a Staples, for example), you can do it by fax.  Good luck!
peace,
Anne