Thick walled septate cyst

I went to see my doctor recently as I hadn't had a period since my baby was born last July. After doing an internal examination he felt a mass and order a US. I had that just under 2 weeks ago. The radiographer was concerned about what he saw and refered me to see someone that day. They said I had a large cyst on my right ovary and booked a laparotomy there and then for this Friday (1st). I wasn't too concerned at this point till I was called for an MRI scan which I had last week, then I saw on my notes at my pre op assessment that it is a thick walled septate cyst. I have read that malignant cysts tend to be septated and thick walled. I know nobody here can diagnose for me and I will have to wait until after the biopsy but is it more likely to be cancer now or not. Also if it is I do want to have more children will this still be possible.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me

M
Yes, thick walls and septations can indicate a higher probability of malignancy.  However, cysts in general are less likely to be malignant than solid tumors.  

As for my own mass that was removed last December, it was described (depending upon the paperwork) as a "complex cyst with solid components," and also as a "complex, solid tumor."  In surgery, it  was discovered to be a benign, and very large, endometrioma.

I will keep you in my prayers, and best wishes for your biopsy.
i have a cyst that has also been described that way. the gyn wants to wait and watch it. he has scheduled surgery for the 18th of may but says that he thinks there is a possibility that it might go away by itself before then. i don't recall the exact size but believe it was 5.3cmx 3.2 or something along those lines.my ca 125 was in the normal range 10.5. another ultrasound is scheduled for the 10th of may. funny how different dr's react different ways. i am 43.
A related discussion, Complex cyst with thick walls was started.