Ovarian Cancer Expert Forum
Thickened Endometrium and Complex Cyst
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding ovarian cancer issues, such as: Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Genetics, Hysterectomy, Immunotherapy, Ovarian Cancer Types, Radiation Therapy, Risk Factors, Screening, Staging, Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Thickened Endometrium and Complex Cyst

Wasn't sure where to post this exactly but here goes.  About three months ago I noticed some annoying occurrences that have continually progressed.  They were/are bloating, bowel irregularity (constipated or diarrhea), a pressure type feeling in my pelvis, random shooting pain on right side and feeling like I have to pee all the time.  I went to my GYN last week and had a pelvic exam and told her what has been going on lately.

Because of my history (breast cancer) and family history (breast cancer and ovarian cancer), she recommended an ultrasound.  Had the ultrasound and received my "findings" today - they are:  Endometrium is thickened with irregular margins and measures 1.7cm. There is a complex cyst on the left ovary measuring 3.1cm.

They want to do a wait/see approach.  Have me come back in six weeks for a follow-up to see if there is any change.  I am not comfortable with this approach.  I requested a CA-125 test and will get the results on Friday.  Am I taking the right action?  I had an ablation and tubal ligation done three years ago.  Would the endometrium thicken that much after an ablation?  BTW: I tested negative for BRAC1/2.
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
563773_tn?1374250139
Bhupinder Kaur, MDBlank
Private practice
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Chemotherapy Tracker
Chemotherapy Tracker
Start Tracking Now