Ovarian Cancer Community
Think i have Cancer

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Think i have Cancer

my ca-125 test came back slightly elevated, i had pelvic ultrasound done and have left ovarian cyst and adenomyosis.  My dr. wants me to follow up and see a dr. at a cancer treatment center--does this  mean i have cancer of is this pre caution?
How are is your cyst?  Has there been any other test performed like a CT scan? Depending on the nature of the cyst, surgery maybe a possibility and if so, you want to have this done by a gyn/oncologist.  
Most cysts, masses etc are benign.  Also CA125s can be elevated for numerous reasons, including a tooth infection or swelling elsewhere in the body.  

Your doctor is being proactive, and setting you up for the best possible chances, if by some chance is it cancer.   GYN/Oncologists have 3 years additional education and training, they are the experts, and studies have shown, if, there is cancer, there is a better and longer survival rate if the surgery is done by a GYN/Oncologist.

I know that not knowing is the hardest part.  Try not to worry, there will be plenty of time, later, if you have to worry!  

Let us know how the appointment goes.
Thanks for the info--my appt at Fox Chase Cancer Center is Wednesday--i will find out what i'm dealing with that day and i will keep you posted.