Ovarian Cancer Community
Time for a nephrostomy...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Time for a nephrostomy...

Well, I guess I knew the time would come that sooner or later, I would need a nephrostomy tube. I've been booked to have one inserted on Friday September 5th at my local hospital. My latest CT scan shows my hydronephrosis on my left kidney is "severe" and my urologist didn't hesitate to go ahead and book me in for this procedure.
My question to all of you is, have any of you had any expierence with nephrostomy tubes? I've been reading on the internet about what to expect (maybe not such a great idea...) but I'd like to know more about it from someone whose been there.
Any information you can pass along would be greatly appreciated...
Thanks,
Love Becky
I don't have any experience but wanted you to know I am thinking of you and sending hugs prayers and hope your way... I grabbed part of a rainbow here this morning and scattered it for all my friends on this board..... Feel better and know that I am thinking of you.. Love Ronni
Just letting you know that you and Tyson are in my thoughts and prayers.
Godspeed
Love, Tascha
Dearest Becky,

I don't say this often because whose to say what's fair, but THIS is NOT fricking fair.  I am so sorry Becky.  I wish I could help you but the closest I came was a foley catheter when I developed a fistula a couple of weeks after my surgery.   I had to wait 3 months for the surgery to fix it, but at least it could be fixed eventually.  I can tell you this, if you are using a collection bag and you are on chemo, that bag is not easy to clean.  The chemo urine smell does not wash out of that plastic the way regular urine would.  I tried filling it up with vinegar water, lemon juice, baking soda, and anything else I could think of.  I looked up yours and it says you have to use Clorox to clean them so maybe that will make a difference, but the God awful smell was what made me decide to have the catheter removed and stick to diapers.  I believe you have the same choice.  

I wish there was something I could do. You and Ty are thought of often here and Cory and I just love you so much.  If there were ANYTHING we could do for you we would.  We will continue to pray that somehow you get a miracle and this thing just goes away.

Love ya,
Jan
Becky,
I just wanted to say that I am sorry to hear what you are going through and I wish more than anything that you didn't have to go through that or through any of this! I will keep you in my daily prayers, hugs, Colleen
Oh, Becky, what can I possibly say to make this situation make sense.  You will remain in my thoughts and prayers.  If I learn anything about this, I will let you know.  I'll ask around work tomorrow.  Judy
Oh Becky.  I am so sorry it has gotten to this.  I don't have advice for you although I did live with an ileostomy for a 15 months of my life.  I hope and pray that once this does it's job that you will be in a better place physically.  All the best, Trudie
I am thinking good thoughts for you and wish you all the best..........

Heidi
I too am so sorry that you have to endure all of this,,when is enough ever enough!!! I want you to know my thoughts are with you and your family...I am praying that whatever needs to be done that it is done and you have no pain or ill effects from it and that it helps you in whatever way to feel better...I will send all my positive prayers your way! Love, Gia :)
Becky,
  I just want you to know that I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. I know that there is nothing that I can say or do to make it better, just know that you are not alone.
  Love Chris
Wishing you the best Becky , sorry that you are having to go through all of this. Sending prayers and positive thoughts your way .

Take care Angie
I too am so sorry you have to endure yet another hurdle.  My love and thoughts are with you.  Stay strong.

Peace and love...Kim
I don't know about this, but wanted to say I will be praying for you and hope everything works out for you with no problems,  Love Donna