Ovarian Cancer Community
"Transverse Vaginal Septum"--Am I the ONLY one?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

2662606?1205895025
I have been diagnosed with a "Transverse Vaginal Septum". Yeah,its kind of hard--Cause i cant even have sex when i get older and then i have to worry about not being able to have "pleasure" like  "normal" women do when you have sex. & I know all about what's wrong with me...I take medical classes...
But my case is extreemly rare because the wall of tissue that is in my vagina closing it up, [[instead of it being in a diagonal, positioned half way through or at the top of my vagina like most all cases]] is VERY unfortunately placed at the VERY OPENING of it....& it sucks...Literally, it goes about 3 cm in my vagina, then there is a horizontal wall of tissue there...Just BLOCKING everything....& i knew its been like this my whole life-But NO ONE would listen to me--until they FINALLY took me to the doctor...
Then just to hear what i knew was true Confirmed? It felt HORRIBLE...
Now--after everyone FINALLY LISTENING TO ME---we have taken the steps to get it taken care of...& now im having pre-op on the 3rd of April....But now--i have developed a mass around my uterus area....& it is BIG....u can feel it & see it through my skin....& yea--im scared....But Even Still--im not DUMB enough NOT to face my problems HEAD ON....im young....im only 16....i dont know as of now if this mass is malignant or benign....[[cancerous or not]]....But i do know that putting it off will only make it WORSE....But Even Still--im not DUMB enough NOT to face my problems HEAD ON....But i was just wanting to know....
AM I THE ONLY ONE ON THIS EARTH WHO HAS THIS WRONG WITH THEM!??!
You might want to post this question on the Drs forum in Gynecology.  I looked it up and they say it is the most common congential anomaly of the female genital tract.  As for the uterine mass, you will  have to wait for surgery to find out what that is.  How are your parents taking all of this?  What do they say about it?  Take care of yourself and let us know how the surgery goes.
Jan
A related discussion, i understand was started.
A related discussion, OHVIRA Syndrome was started.
You are not alone.  My 12 year old daughter was diagnosed with the same condition last year when she was 11.  As of today she has had her uterus drained twice and is still too young for the reconstruction.  I was told that 1 in out of every 70,000 girls born have this problem.  So I think of it this way, we won the lottery.  We are dealing with this as a family and support her every day.  Hope everything is well for you.