Ovarian Cancer Community
U/S

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

U/S

I'm scheduled to get my ultrasound this afternoon.  How long before I get the results?  Any ideas?

Thanks so much,
Bopeep
My doctor had the complete ultrasound report in less than one week.   All of my tests took less than one week for the bloodwork and imaging to be analyzed  with the reports then returned  to my doctor's office.  It can depend  upon the lab preparing the report, and the holiday breaks can affect the time line.
My doctor did the sonogram in his office, so he told me right than what he thought. Although I think my doctor is an idiot and the equipment looked like it was older than him. I would have preferred to go to a real x-ray tech with proper equipment. Maybe my next doctor will be a little more up to date.  But I wish you the best of luck in your results. Keep everyone updated. :)
The u/s tech may tell you what she sees as she she is scanning and if shw/he feels necessary may call your doc w/preliminary results afterward.  My complete report was generated in 3 days.
Well,  I got the ultrasound done.  It was done by a technician in the doctor's office.  At first, she was telling me things she was seeing, like, "there's your bladder, there's your left ovary, it looks good"  then she couldn't find my right ovary.  Where did it go?  But when she did the transvaginal ultrasound she found it, but wouldn't make any comments.  She then said, "I've been doing this for 27 years, but I'm not qualified to read the results.  The Radiologist will read and your doctor will call you."  My husband was with me and the one thing we both noticed is that my right ovary was enlarged.  It was considerably bigger than the left.  But then we said, "Well may she had the screen magnified or something and it just looked that way."  I don't know what to think.  I don't want to worry, but the wait is just the hardest.  I'd rather know, even if it's bad.  Thanks for all your help and support.  I've been a basket case. In addition to all this, I've been very worried about my daughter.  She's 14 years old and only 4'7" tall.  The doctor said that will be her final adult height.  I just don't know what I missed in her development.  I'm 5'2 and my husband only 5'4 so I knew she wouldn't be a giant but this seems very unusual. So I took her to a specialist and I'm dealing with that on top of all this.  Of course, the specialist said there's nothing that can be done now, it's too late.  So, she'll have challenges in life and I'm just hoping there's nothing serious going on with me so I can be around to help her through each challenge.  Thanks so much for listening.  I guess I'm just releasing anxiety.  

Take Care and God Bless,
Bopeep