Ovarian Cancer Expert Forum
Ultrasound, Transvaginal

This forum is for questions and support regarding ovarian cancer issues, such as: Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Genetics, Hysterectomy, Immunotherapy, Ovarian Cancer Types, Radiation Therapy, Risk Factors, Screening, Staging, Surgery.

Ultrasound, Transvaginal
My pelvis was examined both transabdominally and transvaginally.
My uterus is anteverted in position in position, bulbous i contour and heterogenous in echogenicity measuring 8.3 x 3.7 x 5.1 cm. The endometrial echo measure 1.0 cm. in A - P diameter.
The right adnexa measures 3.0 x 2.0 x 2.1 cm. and the left adnexa measures 3.2 x 2.0 x 2.1 cm. There are multiple simple ovarian follicles. There is no adnexal mass or significant free fluid in the pelvis. The urinary bladder is unremarkable.
Conclusion:
Bulbous and heterogenous uterus without discrete leiomyoma
normal endometrial echo thickness
no adnexal mass.

What does heterogenous uterus without discrete leiomyoma means? Is there any reason I should be concerned with these results. I had a transvaginal sono done 3 months ago and they told me to come back within 2-3 months to do another sono which is the results I staged above.
hi there
that sounds pretty normal.
I see that you are 39 years old.
for women who have had children, it is very common to see the uterus looking a bit bulky. (Think about it, that uterus has been through alot expanding and contracting with a baby inside.)  Even for women who have not had children, the muscle wall of the uterus can thicken over time.

The only question, I would suggest you ask your doctor about is whether you need an endometrial biopsy. The endometrial thickness is 1 cm which may be normal but if you just had your period, it is a bit thick and should be evaluated.
take care
Chemotherapy Tracker
Chemotherapy Tracker
Ovulation Tracker
Ovulation Tracker