Ovarian Cancer Community
Ultrasound results

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Ultrasound results

I recently had a transvaginal ultrasound which revealed: the uterus is retroverted and retroflexed and measures 9.4 x 4.8 x4.8 cm.  Endometrial echo complex measures 8mm in greatest diameter.  Within the fundus of the uterus anteriorly there is an ill defined mass with mixed echogenicity measuring approximately 2.2cm in diameter.  This caused effacement of a portion of the endometrial echo complex adjacent to it.  The remainder of the myometrium is diffusely irregular in echogenicity consistent with no discrete leiomyomatous changes.  The right ovary contains a cyst of 4 x 3.5 x 3.2cm.  A small septation is demonstrated within this cyst.  The right ovary overall measures 4.8 x 4.2 x 3.6c.  The left ovary contains a 3.2 x 2.9 x 2.3 cyst without evidence for complexity.  The left ovary measures 4 x 4 x 2.6cm overall.  A small amount of free fluid is seen within the cul-de-sac.  Note is also made of varicosities adjacent to the anteriour aspect of the body of the uterus.  Their recommendation is a follow up ultrasound in 6-8 weeks.  What does this possibly suggest and should I be worried?