Ovarian Cancer Community
Ultrasound results
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Ultrasound results

I just completed my ultrasound results and they told me that I have two fibroid tumors.  They did not find any cyst... what is the normal procedure when fibroid tumers are found?  My GYN will call tommorrow... I am assuming this is good news!

Di
Related Discussions
2 Comments
Blank
140437_tn?1215113342
Fibroid tumors are very rarely malignant so from that point of view it is certainly good news. What size are they did he say? I dont know an awfull lot about fibroids only that if they become very large a hyster is the only route, also they effect fertility.

Anna X
Blank
Hi.  You may have already gotten your answer to your question about what to do with the fibroids.  Some people do nothing, if the fibroids are not causing problems.  I didn't do anything for about a year. but I ended up having a partial hysterectemy about a couple of years ago (I'm 41) because I was waking up quite alot in the middle of the night in alot of pain because the fibroid had gotten so big that it was pressing on things.  I also started having irregular periods, like I would finish up my normal cycle, and after about a week in a half it would decide to show up again  - not just spotting, but heavy bleeding -  I'm surprised I didn't pass out from so much blood loss.  I'm doing well now though.  Hopefully, you won't need the hysterectemy, but feel free to ask me any questions about fibroids or the hysterectemy.  Take care.

Roxlin
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ovarian Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...