Ovarian Cancer Community
Update on mom

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Update on mom

Hello ladies,
I hope you all are doing well. This morning we woke up and mom was feeling ill as I did not give her a suppository last night before her chemo. treatment today. The nurse stated that it was probably just nerves and we should bring her in anyways. I of course felt guilty for not having insisted harder, as she stated when this all began that she would keep up with treatments as long as the nausea was kept away. My sister sat with her and within the first five min. of receiving an anti nausea med. she was sound asleep. My sister was then informed by the nurse that Mom's CA 125 level had decreased from the 486 at diagnosis to 38 today. YAY!!!! The doctor stated that he was impressed and that her cancer was "melting away". We are very excited and lifted by this news. I hope you all are being blessed, and just wanted to share!
I feel really happy for you and your family.
What wonderful news... thanks for sharing.. Ronni
Thank you so much for the up-date. I am so happy that her response to the chemo has been so good. If her anti- nausea meds aren't doing all they should, she can ask for more or different ones.  I used Emend, Zofran and Ativan along with the dexamethasone and I/V meds during the infusions of chemo.   Zofran wasn't a huge help, but the Emend was. Take care, Marie
Wonderful news for your family and your Mum.
I continue to keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

Love and Peace....Kim
That is great news!  If you don't mind my asking, what stage is your Mother's OC? There is a place where some of us put that on our profiles. It helps explain some situations that come up here.
Teresa
Love this kind of news. Tell your mom to keep it coming!! With love - Deandra
My mom has not had surgery yet, so they have not staged her cancer. The tumor's size was 13cm, and they believe it was spreading to her bowels as well. Her doctor did not want to operate as she had so much ascites ( I hope that's the spelling) and the mass was so large.

You could really see a change in her spirits last night, she was up laughing, and even had my dad buy her a lap top so she could surf the net. I of course told her about you all, and this wonderful site. My prayers are with you all!!
I'm happy for you!  This is good news!
Hope your mom is feeling o.k.. Let us know.Good news on the ca125 report.  Donna
How is your mom after this last chemo. Hope she is better.  Donna
I love the doc's analogy of "melting away the cancer!"