Ovarian Cancer Expert Forum
Vaginal Pain

This forum is for questions and support regarding ovarian cancer issues, such as: Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Genetics, Hysterectomy, Immunotherapy, Ovarian Cancer Types, Radiation Therapy, Risk Factors, Screening, Staging, Surgery.

Vaginal Pain

I was diagnosed with Stage IIIc OVCA in Jan. of this year.  I am 43.  I had 7 IV and 2 IP chemos and my CAT scan came back clear in October along with a CA 125 of 11.  My CA 125 has since fallen to 10 in Nov. and 8 this month.  I had vaginal pain for the last few months.  (A sharp, pulling pain - occasional and not long lasting).  Both my oncologist and gyn. oncologist say it's probably surgery related (scar tissue) but I keep worrying it's cancer again.  What is your opinion?  

By the way, I had a physical exam and my gyn. onc. didn't feel anything.  I have another CT scheduled for next month.
Hi There,
It sounds like you are in good hands. You are getting a careful evaluation. It is possible that you have scar tissue. Another possibility is that you have a low estrogen state and have developed severe vaginal dryness. in some women this can be painful. local application of estrogen cream can be helpful if that is the case. You should ask your gyn about that. Finally, you should ask your doctor about getting a CT scan to check the bowel, lymph nodes, kidneys
let us know what happens
take care