Ovarian Cancer Community
Vaginal ultrasound

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Vaginal ultrasound

Has anyone had pain after a Vaginal Ultrasound? I had one today and I am severe pain. It started right after we were over.
I had 2 of them done yesterday about 4 hrs apart.  No discomfort, and especially no pain (and I have had significant pain with most PAP exams). So, I would be very careful.  If pain worsens, or if you have any bleeding, contact your GYN immediately and/or their emergency number/service if it's after hours.  Is the pain up high into the canal, or around the perineal area (outside)?
It seem to be centered in the canal. I was in so much pain yesterday I was whimpering, I seem to be doing a little better today, more cramping then shooting pain. and I have been bleeding since Oct so thats nothing new.

My daughter had one a couple of days ago and had no discomfort afterwords, but the nurse who did it said she could take advil if she needed to for discomfort.
mild pain afterward for a couple of hours.
Whatever I have going on also causes me to have painful transvaginal u/s. I, too, had to apologize to the tech for being such a big baby, but I cannot handle sex most days of the month let alone the u/s .  The sex thing has progressively gotten worse, thus the reason I sought medical attention.

i had my 2nd ultrasound last week. The first one, about 11 weeks ago didn't bother me at all - the worst feeling was a kind of butterflies in my upper tummy.

The 2nd one - horrendous! I had a trainee under supervision - so I couldn't work out if the pain was caused by the condition, or perhaps a lack of experience. She was very thorough, and acheived every possible angle imaginable but took so many 'photos', and highlighted so many areas that i really was worried.

The pain was similar to what i now experience during periods - painful cramping, sharp pains and lower back pain - but worse because i felt nauseous too - i had to go to bed when i got home and by the time i woke up it was the more managable pain i'm used to, although i only usually suffer it during my 2 weeks+ period. Took a couple of days but then disappeared.

Results given today over the phone tell me that the small cyst on left ovary gone, but cyst on my right ovary now has two smaller cysts inside. Being referred to NHS gynae clinic (UK) - so know very little about what's wrong.