Ovarian Cancer Community
Vitamins after chemo

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Vitamins after chemo

Hello and hope everyone is doing well.
I have not posted in a long time.

My Mom is 5 months after her chemo for ovca 3c and she just started working again since december of 2005. She is working really hard for very long hours (My parents own a restaurant business) I know shes very tired and her hard work is putting strain on her body.
I want to know if anyone takes any vitamins to keep up the good progress after chemo.
She plans to take it easy in the next few weeks, but currently she needs to be at her job everyday because of certain situations in the restaurant business.
Any advise would be great.
Thank You so Much
-Fiana
Hi Fiana,  I've OVCA Stage IIIb and have just finished my set of six chemo sessions.  I'd actually asked my Gyno Onc this question and he was all for taking a multi vitamin and mineral tablet on a daily basis.  Your mom is in the restaurant business and actually it will also be easier for her to throw together a fruit smoothie (can be anything eg banana, cherries, plums, grapes, blueberries - whatever she likes) in the blender and drink that every day which can be a real energy booster!
I was stage 3c and never stopped taking my multivitamin at any point in my treatment.  I have taken one a day for years - with and without cancer.  I posted a question a while ago about bing tired and most reported that it is not unusual.