Ovarian Cancer Community
Water in abdomen (ascitis)
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Water in abdomen (ascitis)

How long does it usually take for the chemotherapy (carbotaxol) to be effective as to decrease the symptom of ascitis (water in the abdomen/hidroperithnonius) in ovarian cancer patients?
Related Discussions
2 Comments
Blank
I am so sorry you have not gotten a response.  I can tell you my experience.  At dx, I had a lot of ascites and had several liters drained twice one week apart with the last one being just before my first carbo/taxol treatment.  (I had chemo first and then surgery and then chemo.)  My ascites dried up within one week of my first treatment.  I just looked at my diary from that time, and I had written how much more comfortable that made me despite the chemo side effects I was experiencing.  I hope this helps, and that you can get the kind of relief I did.  Both my onc and the radiologist who did the paracentesis implied I could get drained when I needed to.  Though not fun, to me the process was not that bad and way better than the ascites pain.  Paula
Blank
16702_tn?1234094245
My doctor told me 3-4 cycles to dry up fluid in my abdomen and lung with carbo/taxol...
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ovarian Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...
Jul 20 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank