Ovarian Cancer Community
Went to the surgeon who is doing my surgery...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Ok thought that I would let yall know that i went to the doctor about the hernia .This time i got a great doctor who did  a good job ..Then he called in the surgeon and got to see her also that day..She said that it is a huge hernia..She had me do all my preop that day and wants me to get a ct scan to see what else is going on in there..She said that she knows for sure that it is a hernia but she doesnt know if it is multiple hernias and what they pertain..It is a groin hernia from all the surgeries that i have had she said the it has weekend my muscles walls and that i could have more than one tear in my stomache...She said that is what all the nausia is coming from because of my intestines being in such a bunch and put me on colace for my bowls and said for me not to be straining to go to the bathroom and that i cant bend over or lift on anything or pushing on anything...so anyway they send me to go get the ct scan and guess what it has been broke so they are back logged on cts..They made me a appt. for july 14 for the ct..i go see the reg doc on july 3 so he can look at all the pre op test that i took so he can give me the go ahead for the surgery..lol..then i have to wait to get the ct scan done then the surgery..these people are so backwards .so in the mean time the doctor said just take it easy and if anything changes health wise just to call her...so i am doing the waiting game again...oh and the hernia is from the top of my belly button that takes up half of my right side stomache down on the top of my noonie(my u know what) and then over to the left.. L shaped....
Ouch.  No wonder you've had so many problems with that area of your since your sugery for the ovarian masses!  I hope they fix it this time.
My cousin--male--just had a hernia the size of a football repaired two weeks ago.  I guess they even had to cut away some dead skin that died because of it, but he is doing great.

This is probably a stupid question, but could you see the hernia from the outside??
Hey girl, let's hope they take care of it this time!!  Poor thing, you've been playing the waiting game for soooooo long.  You know I am always thinking about you!
~Tascha
yea you can see some of it from the outside
right on top of my you know what is a big ball.so you can imagine how i feel.didnt even know it was there until i coughed and grab there because it hurt and felt it so i had my husband come to feel it and he said that he could see it
Yes, you will feel much better when it is repaired.  Keep us posted.  God Bless!